Based in Montreal, Canada
PC/MAC: May 1, 2019 | Mobile: June, 2020
|USD||$4.99 - $10.99|
Playing as the legendary detective Di Renjie, players will explore the unique setting of Tang Dynasty China and unravel a narrative full of twists and turns using familiar adventure gameplay mechanics such as exploration, dialogue choices, interaction with objects and clues, and puzzle-solving. The pixel art style of the game is also an homage to old school graphics, albeit with its own visual signature and design sensibilities. The game contains over 45 locations (many spanning multiple screen widths), each one pixel-painted with care and attention to detail.
Amid lingering political turmoil, the first and only female empress of China, Wu Zetian rises to power. Within months of her ascension to the throne, murmurs of discontentment and revolution swell as detractors and enemies begin plotting against her. It is against this backdrop that our protagonist, newly appointed investigating magistrate Di Renjie, must solve a gruesome series of murders--which will lead him on a collision course with the Imperial Court and the empress herself. Will our young detective overcome his own inner demons and his allegiance to the previous emperor? What is the connection between the murder victims and the capital's many political secrets? YOU must uncover the truth...
- Distinct 2D pixel art style
- Immersive story-driven experience dripping with historical atmosphere
- Challenging and fun puzzles to solve
- Unique Chinese cultural and historical references
- Fantastic soundtrack with 13 original tracks
- Multiple language support: English and Chinese
Official Launch Trailer YouTube
Official Launch Trailer (Chinese Version) YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "2019 Aggie Award Nominations" Best Traditional Adventure, Best Writing - Drama, Best Story, Best Setting
- "2019 Silver Aggie Award Winner" Best Whodunit
- "Kickstarter Staff Pick" Kickstarter, March 2015
- "Trailer Roundup Selection" Indie Games, March 2015
- "Nupixo’s debut offering Detective Di: The Silk Rose Murders is a brilliant introduction to one of ancient China’s most famous investigators that does just about everything right."
- Jay Castello, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "East meets west in a unique way in Detective Di: The Silk Rose Murders..."
- Jack Allin, Adventure Gamers
- "Detective Di: The Silk Rose Murders manages to make it look beautiful. The deep colors, lush backdrop designs, and angular architecture are simply excellent."
- Marcus Estrada, Cliqist
About Nupixo Games
Nupixo Games is the indie game developer behind the critically-acclaimed point-and-click thriller, Detective Di: The Silk Rose Murders. Also the makers of Facility Z and Shadow of the Ninja 1 and 2.
More information on Nupixo Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Detective Di: The Silk Rose Murders Credits
Game Designer, Nupixo Games
Producer, Whisper Games